8 Amazing Facts About Invisalign That You Didn't Know
Posted by Lone Star Dental Care Oct 08, 2020
According to recent studies, more and more adult Americans are seeking orthodontic treatment for crowded teeth or teeth with spaces and gaps. However, braces can be a challenge for many adults who don’t want their treatment to be as visible as is common with the traditional braces of the younger set.
Invisalign provides an option for adults who want a discreet, effective way to straighten and perfect smiles in a much shorter time frame than metal braces require. Our team of providers at Lone Star Dental Care encourages not only older teen patients but also adult men and women to consider Invisalign as a way to achieve the smile of their dreams.
Did you know?
You may have heard of Invisalign but haven’t realized that this solution could be exactly what you are looking for. Here are eight things you should know about Invisalign before calling your dentist:
- No metal, no screws, and no wires. Invisalign consists of a series of clear plastic aligner trays that fit over your teeth and slowly straighten them by applying minute amounts of pressure every day.
- Custom-created just for you. Your mouth and jaw are unique, and your smile will be too. Your dentist will determine both your starting point and your desired final tooth positions and create a customized series of aligners designed to get you from A to B as quickly as possible with as little discomfort as possible.
- No food or drink restrictions. When you use Invisalign, you can slide your aligners out to eat, drink, or brush and floss your teeth. You don’t have to worry about eating corn on the cob or other foods that get stuck in traditional braces.
- Faster results than regular braces. While traditional metal braces can take 3-4 years to achieve results, Invisalign can work in as little as half or even a third of the time.
- Easy, non-painful dental visits. Instead of wire tightening, each bi-monthly visit consists merely of a progress check, and receipt of the next alignment tray.
- No upper age limit. No matter your age, if you want your teeth to be straighter, you can ask one of our providers about Invisalign. You’re never too old to get the smile you deserve.
- Better periodontal health. Studies show that patients who have Invisalign treatment have better gum health than patients who undergo traditional orthodontic treatment with fixed braces.
Invisalign costs are similar to that of traditional braces, with faster results for most patients and less discomfort and inconvenience. If you want to learn more about Invisalign, call 550-441-2621 or contact Lone Star Dental Care to book a consultation today.